Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Chapter 4-This is Halloween

“So, how was the party,” Lauren asked Holly on Monday morning after the Halloween party.

“It was fun until I got food poisoning and Jeff had to take me to the hotel room that he had rented to screw his latest whore in.”

“That sucks, I’m sorry,” Lauren replied, “I take that you had a good time despite that.”

“It was nice, Mike was a good date. I have pictures if you’d like to see them.”

Lauren squealed in delight before sitting down on the desk as Holly grabbed the camera out of her purse in the drawer, “You have to have me over for dinner or take me to a game with you.”

“Keep squealing like that and it is a negative, ghost rider.”

“You’re a bitch,” Lauren spat as she gasped looking at the picture of Mike smirking while Holly kissed him on the cheek.

Holly’s cell phone vibrated in her purse, she looked at the screen and smiled, “It’s Jeff,” she said and Lauren shrieked once again.

“Answer it! Answer it! Answer it!”

“We need to be making our rounds.”

“We can do that in a minute, please just answer it?”

“Hello,” Holly said sliding the green button over.

“Hey,” Jeff replied, “What are you doing?”

“Working!”

“I’m sorry; I thought maybe you’d be on your lunch break.”

“I’m going in twenty minutes.”

“Were you doing anything tonight,” Jeff asked.

“No, I was just going to pass out candy to trick or treaters. Why,” Holly asked and Lauren clapped her hands in delight as Holly put the phone on speaker before laying it down on the desk.

“Mike wants to go to a haunted house; he picked that Bates Motel down in Glenn Mills.”

“I usually hate scary shit but yeah I’ll go if you two go. We’ll give the candy to Mrs. Thompson next door.”

“I’ll do it when I get home,” Jeff replied, “We’re at 5:30, since I dropped you off on the way to the rink this morning, do you need me to pick you up?”

“You said Mike is going, right,” Holly smirked causing Lauren to look at her questioningly.

“Yeah, why?”

“Is it okay if I bring a friend from work?”

“Yeah, that way Mike doesn’t feel like the third wheel.”

“Pick me up at our house; I’ll have her drive over there. I need to change anyways.”

“Alright, we’ll meet you at home. Mike’s going to drive his car back to his place then I’ll be there.”

“Sounds good but look, I really have to go check on patients before I go on lunch, I’ll see you later.”

“Bye!”

“OH MY GOD! HIS VOICE IS SO FUCKING HOT ON THE PHONE!”

“Are you busy tonight?”

“Nope, why?”

“Jeff, me, and Mike are going to Bates Motel and well since you want to meet them so badly, want to come with us?”

“YES,” Lauren replied jumping off of the desk, “A million time yes.”

“Great, come to mine and Jeff’s house after work and they’ll be there when we get here.”

“Shut the front door,” Lauren said, “Are you serious?”

“As a heart attack.”

“Oh my God, I love you.”

Holly laughed as Lauren kissed her cheek before skipping down the hall to begin her rounds. Holly finished her paperwork before taking her lunch break. Making her rounds as her shift ended, she waited for Lauren to finish her shift.

“Can I raid your closet when we get to your house? I don’t have a change of clothes.”

“Sure,” Holly replied, “I have some stuff that will fit you. I’m just wearing jeans and one of Jeff’s sweatshirts since it’s chilly and I want to be comfortable.”

“I have tennis shoes in my trunk that I can wear just not clothes.”

Holly gave Lauren directions to the house that she shared with Jeff. Jeff wasn’t home yet and Holly took the bowl of candy to a neighbor’s house before coming back to find Lauren already rummaging through her closet.

“These fit,” she said trying on jeans, “Can I wear that Villanova hoodie?”

“That’s fine; I have to go to Jeff’s room to steal one of his.”

“Can I come with you,” Lauren asked, “I need to see where all the magic happens.”

“You are a creep.”

“Come on, how many women can say they saw Jeff Carter’s bedroom?”

Holly stopped abruptly causing Lauren to bump into her, “Did you seriously have to ask that question?”

Lauren laughed, “Sorry didn’t think that through before I said it.”

Holly walked over to the closet and pulled the orange sweatshirt off of the hanger. Holly heard Jeff pull into the driveway.

“They’re here.”

“How’s my hair, how’s my make-up,” Lauren asked standing in the mirror in the hallway.

“You look fine, don’t be nervous. They are two of the nicest guys that you will ever meet.”

Jeff honked the horn and Holly grabbed her phone and credit card out of her wallet. Stuffing the credit card in her pocket and her phone in the hoodie pocket, Lauren followed her out of the house.

Holly opened the door to Jeff’s truck and saw that Mike was sitting in the back behind Jeff.

“Hey Mike,” Holly said shutting the door behind her, “Guys, this is Lauren.”

“Hi Lauren,” Mike smiled but Lauren just smiled back before managing to stutter out a reply, “I’m Mike,” he said sticking out his hand.

“Hi,” she blushed and Holly smiled, “It’s nice to meet you.”

“No hello to me,” Jeff pouted from the front seat.

“Hi Jeff,” Holly said causing Jeff to smirk.

“Jeff’s mentally challenged sometimes,” Mike whispered to Lauren who laughed causing Jeff to glare at them.

“Is there any good pizza places on the way,” Holly asked turning around in her seat to look at Lauren.

“Just Domino’s and Papa John’s,” Lauren replied, “There isn’t anywhere to actually sit down and have a meal.”

“What about that Zio’s down on South 13th Street,” Mike said, “We can stop there on the way.”

“That’s fine,” Holly replied.

Jeff drove towards downtown Philly. When they arrived at the pizza shop, Jeff held the door open for Holly who walked in quickly and headed towards the back of the restaurant.

Holly sat down and pulled Jeff into the booth next to her earning a glare from Lauren. Lauren sat down across from her and kicked her but Holly smirked and picked up a menu.

“You’re evil,” Jeff whispered looking at his own menu so he and Holly were blocked from Mike and Lauren’s view.

“She literally is peeing herself right now probably, she was so nervous and giddy about meeting you guys.”

“Don’t get hurt, please,” Jeff said kissing Holly’s forehead.

“She was my friend before she even knew who I lived with. Trust me, she’s different.”

The waitress came over and took their drink orders, when she walked away they picked their menus up again and decided on what they were going to get.

“I think I’m going to get a hot sausage, I had pizza at work today.”

“I’ll give you sausage when we get home later, all you can eat,” Jeff smirked causing Holly to elbow him.

“You’re a pig.”

“You’re not as innocent as you think you are."

After they ordered their food, Mike made small talk with Jeff and Holly about his summer golf tournament, Holly took it upon herself to let Mike know Lauren was from Kenora.

"Maybe Lauren can help us out, she's from Kenora too," Holly smirked causing Lauren to kick her under the table.

"Really," Mike asked.

Lauren laughed nervously, "Yeah, I am."

"What brings you to Philly," Jeff asked.

"My grandparents died when I was a teenager and left us their house here, so I've been here ever since."

Mike turned to look at Lauren, "What neighborhood did you grow up in?"

"Minto," Lauren replied, "Excuse me one second, Holly come to the bathroom with me?"

"Why do I got to go?"

"Women travel in packs when they go to the bathroom, just shut up and go," Jeff said standing up as Holly slid out of the booth.

"Only you would know that," Holly fired back causing Jeff to laugh slightly.

"What can I say," he replied shrugging his shoulders, "I know women."

"Really," Holly asked sarcastically, "I never would have guessed."

“Why the hell would you do that,” Lauren asked when they got into the bathroom, “It’s bad enough I look like an idiot in front of him now.”

“Mike loves Kenora, it’s all he talks about when he’s a little bit homesick, so I thought I’d mention that you were from there too, that way you guys had something to talk about and it just wasn’t awkward silence the entire time.”

“You know how nervous I am right now though,” Lauren said, “Sorry, I’m overreacting.”

“I’m sorry, I just thought it would be a good way to go since you were being so quiet.”

“I’m just really nervous.”

“Calm down, you see how down to earth they are. Now, let’s get back out there before they eat our food.”

Lauren laughed as she followed Holly back to the table; Jeff was ready to take a bite of Holly’s hot sausage when she grabbed it from his hand.

“Hey, I wasn’t finished with that,” he smiled.

“Too bad, you have your food and I have mine. Leave mine alone.”

“But…but…I’m hungry,” Jeff whined sticking out his bottom lip.

“Shut the fuck up and eat your own food.”

“…but we’re growing boys,” Mike said.

“Pizza, cheese sticks, fries, breadsticks, nachos, and a calzone is enough for the two of you. You make a fat kid look tame.”

“I dunf carf,” Jeff said through a mouthful of food.

“Fis is soo goof,” Mike moaned shoving a whole piece of calzone into his mouth.

“I’ve officially lost my appetite,” Holly said placing her sandwich back on the plate.

“Are you going to finish that,” Mike asked Lauren who ate half of her spaghetti.

“Mike,” Holly said kicking him under the table, “Leave her alone and let her eat.”

Mike and Jeff moaned that they were fool after eating half of their feast, “I need a nap,” Jeff groaned undoing his pants.

“I need to take a good shit,” Mike replied and Jeff fist bump him from across the table.

“You two make me sick, why am I even with you two right now?”

“Because we’re hot,” Jeff smirked and Lauren kicked Holly under the table causing her to glare at her.

The waitress came over and packed the leftover food into a box to go for Mike and Jeff. Mike and Jeff both split the bill and they headed to Bates Motel. As they drove down the road, Holly closed her eyes.

“I’m not fucking going in there,” she said, “No way in hell.”

“I’ll be right there with you, I won’t let anything happen to you besides it’s not real,” Jeff said reassuringly as they got out of the car. Holly grabbed his hand and stayed close to him as they walked to the gate. Holly went to pay for herself but Jeff handed the girl behind the ticket window his credit card.

“Jeff,” she whined.

“I asked you to come, did you seriously think I was going to let you pay,” he smiled as they headed through the turnbuckle.

“…and for you,” the girl behind the window asked Lauren.

“One adult,” she replied.

“Make it two,” Mike said stepping in front of her.

“Mike, I’ll pay for it.”

“My parents always said the female should never pay even if she is just a friend,” he smiled causing Lauren to blush.

As they walked through the haunted house, Holly buried her face in Jeff’s shoulder, “I don’t like the looks of it already.”

“How scary can it be,” Mike asked, “They always say the lamest ones are the scariest.”

“Trust me, I’ve been here before it just gets worse,” Lauren said as they walked through the entrance and saw the concierge that was covered in blood.

“Oh my fucking God,” Holly screamed, “Jeff, get me out of here.”

They walked up the stairs and went into a room that was a nursery and when they peered into the crib, the blanket moved and Holly screamed as a zombie baby came into view, “FUCK THIS SHIT,” she said going to leave.

“Holly,” Lauren said but that was a bad idea as one of the actors started calling Holly by her name.

“Holly,” they said as she walked through the haunted house, “Holly, why don’t you join us?”

“Lauren, I am going to fucking kill you,” she shrieked holding onto Jeff’s hand tighter as a man dressed like leatherface grabbed her arm, “DON’T FUCKING TOUCH ME,” she shouted pulling away from him.

“Lauren,” the actor said, “Join me in my butchershop.”

“I am officially creeped the fuck out,” Lauren said as they entered another room that was a kitchen with dummies that looked like beheaded children and a bloody highchair was in the middle of the floor.

“These people are just fucking sick,” Holly cried, “Jeff, if you don’t get me the fuck out of here right now, I swear to God I will kill you.”

“There’s still one more floor,” Mike said and Holly groaned.

They went to walk down the steps but they flew open and a man popped out dressed as a zombie, “OH MY GOD,” Lauren screamed grabbing Mike’s hand and burying her face into his shoulder.

“This is just fucked up, never again, ever,” Holly said as they went outside.

“Look Richie, there’s one of you brothers,” Jeff said pointing to a guy dressed as a redneck with a bullet hole in his head.

“Fuck you,” Mike said shoving Jeff who laughed.

Holly nudged Lauren and she realized she was holding Mike’s hand, “I’m sorry,” she said pulling her hand from Mike’s grasp.

“Don’t worry about it,” he said smiling down at her, “Glad it was me and not that little kid that kept grabbing my ass in there.”

Everyone laughed as Jeff noticed a concession stand, “Anyone want anything?”

“I want something hot to drink, it’s freezing out here,” Holly said.

“Want something to drink,” Mike asked Lauren who shook her head no.

“I don’t have much of an appetite after seeing everything in there, thanks for asking though,” she replied smiling.

Jeff walked over to the concession stand but Holly ran and caught up with him, “You are not leaving me by myself,” she said reaching for his hand but Jeff put his arm around her waist before kissing her forehead.

“It’s okay,” he whispered before ordering their drinks. They headed back to the car since it was almost midnight.

“You guys can stay at my house if you’d like,” Lauren offered, “I have plenty of room and the city is such a far drive this late at night. Holly and I are both off tomorrow, what about you guys?”


“We don’t have practice until three,” Mike said, “Are you sure you don’t mind?”

“It’s no problem,” Lauren replied.

“Just guide me to your house,” Jeff said and ten minutes later they pulled into a modern day street that was a round circle of houses.

“This is such a nice neighborhood,” Holly said, “Jeff, next time we move I want to live here.”

They pulled into Lauren’s driveway and she headed up the steps to unlock the door, “There’s the kitchen through there and the living room is to your left. My room is the first room on the left upstairs and the bathroom is the first door on the right. Jeff and Holly, you guys can share the room next to mine if you want.”

“I’ll take the couch, it looks pretty comfy,” Mike said sitting down on the oversized leather sofa.

“I’m going to bed,” Holly said, “I’m tired.”

“I’m going to head to bed too, practice kicked my ass and the food is catching up to me.”

“No wonder, you ate enough for days,” Holly joked as they walked up the stairs.

“Goodnight Mike, thanks for everything,” Lauren said.

“You’re welcome,” he smiled, “Goodnight.”

Mike unzipped his jacket and laid in on the chair in the living room before pulling his belt off and laying it on top. Removing his shirt, Mike sat back down on the couch and turned on ESPN.

Jeff fell asleep as soon his head hit the pillow but Holly tossed and turned. Giving up on trying to sleep, she carefully rolled out of bed and grabbed the blanket. Opening the sliding doors that faced a small pond, she wrapped the blanket around herself and sat down on one of the lounge chairs that were on the small balcony that was separated from Lauren’s deck.

“What’s wrong,” Jeff asked as Holly turned and saw him leaning against the doorway wearing nothing but boxers.

“I couldn’t sleep, I’m still kind of creeped out.”

“Stand up,” Jeff said stepping onto the balcony.

Holly stood up and Jeff sat down on the chair pulling her against his chest wrapping the blanket around them both.

Jeff ran his hands up and down her arms before running his hands through her hair as she leaned her head back on his shoulder. Jeff placed a kiss on her neck before biting her earlobe.

“Jeff,” she gasped as his lips moved to her neck.

“Hmm,” he whispered and Holly moaned.

Holly turned around and straddled his waist as they began kissing. Jeff ran his hands up her thighs and gripped her ass under the sweatshirt she was wearing.

“Want to do it here on the deck or in the bedroom,” Jeff asked, “Either way is okay with me.”

Holly smirked before disappearing under the blanket and Jeff groaned as she took him in her mouth. Jeff gasped as Holly massaged his balls and licked his length.

“Fuck,” he said as she continued to work him, “If you don’t stop now, I swear.”

Holly smirked as she finished swallowing Jeff’s load that he shot into her throat, “You’re amazing,” he whispered kissing her lips before picking her up and carrying her into the room.

Mike was almost asleep before he walked upstairs to use the bathroom. He noticed Lauren’s door was open and the TV was on, “Are you okay,” he asked.

“I’m fine,” she smiled, “Just not ready to go to sleep yet. Want to finish watching this movie with me?”

“What movie is it?”

“Little Miss Sunshine.”

“This movie is hilarious,” Mike said stepping into the room. Lauren was wearing an oversized t-shirt and Mike was in his jeans.

“Do you mind if I take my jeans off? I can’t sleep in jeans.”

Lauren felt the blood rush to her face, “That’s fine,” she smiled reassuringly, “I want you guys to feel at home here.”

Mike got under the blanket. When the movie was over, Lauren turned on a rerun of Entourage.

“I love this show too.”

“Ari is my homeboy,” Lauren smiled and Mike laughed.

“So,” Mike began, “What’s your favorite movie?”

“Wedding Crashers. Yours?”

“Primal Fear.”

“Never heard of it,” Lauren replied.

“Are you serious?”

“I’m afraid so, what’s it about?”

“It’s with Richard Gere, it’s about an altar boy who murders a priest.”

“I’m going to have to rent that.”

“Definitely do it, it’s so good.”

“Alright my turn, who’s your favorite band?”

“The Tragically Hip, how about you?”

“Sugarland and Rascal Flatts. I do love Bon Jovi and Nickelback too.”

“Wow,” Mike laughed.

“Shut up,” Lauren smiled.

“What was your favorite thing to do growing up in Kenora.”

“I loved going out on my dad’s boat with my family in the summer. We’d spend hours on the lake.”

“I love going out on the lake too. I fish a lot.”

Lauren and Mike continued to talk and get to know each other when they both fell asleep. Shortly after they fell asleep, they were awoken by the Holly screaming in the next room.

“Are you fucking kidding me,” Mike grumbled looking at the clock on Lauren’s cable box, “They’re fucking rude.”

“Oh God, make it stop,” Lauren grumbled hearing the headboard bang off the wall.

Mike pounded on the wall with his fist, “SHUT THE FUCK UP,” he shouted but it was to no use as the pounding stopped.

Somewhere between hearing Jeff spank Holly and her beg for more Mike and Lauren fell back asleep.

Holly collapsed on the bed face down as Jeff collapsed on top of her, “That was the best we’ve have in a while,” Jeff said rolling next to her.

“Mhm,” she mumbled and Jeff kissed her.

“I’m not finished with you yet,” Jeff said biting her shoulder as her eyes fluttered shut.

“Save your energy for tomorrow, I have a sexy costume for you.”

“Really,” he smirked running his tongue along her collar bone.

“Mhm,” she moaned.

“Well then, I guess I better get some sleep.”

“You’re going to need all the rest you need because tomorrow I am going to rock your world.”

Holly smiled as Jeff turned over and shut the lamp off and pulled the covers over them, “Goodnight.”

Halloween was looking to be Jeff’s new favorite holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment