Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Chapter 10-Tonight, You're Mine

Holly sighed as she exited the elevator to begin her 12 hour work day at the hospital. She wanted to stay home in bed all day, so she didn't have to hear her co-workers gushing over their husbands and boyfriends sending them flowers and cute little notes. Holly hated Valentine's Day, she was always alone on the most romantic holiday of the year.

Putting her purse in the drawer next to her desk, she clocked in and began her rounds checking on her patients. They were all happy to see her back from her three week long vacation.

"Holly, welcome back," Patricia greeted as Holly walked by the other nurse's station at the end of the hall.

"Thanks Patricia, how are you?"

"I'm doing well, honey," the chubby middle aged woman said, "How are you?"

"I could be better but I'm not complaining."

Patricia smiled slightly before answering the phone that had begun ringing. Holly sighed as she saw Lauren sitting at the desk. She had two weeks to think about what had happened between the two of them, and she felt bad about arguing with Lauren.

"Hi," Holly said being the first to break the silence.

"Hi," Lauren replied smiling slightly.

"I'm sorry," Holly said, "I overreacted about everything. I shouldn't have slept with Mike either, but it hurt seeing my best friend with Jeff."

"I never should have slept with Jeff, I'm sorry. I regret that night and I'd change it if I could."

Holly sat down in the chair next to Lauren, "I love him," she admitted for the first time to someone other than herself. Riley knew, but he didn't care.

"Who," Lauren asked.

"Jeff," Holly sighed, "I realized I loved him after I spent the night with Riley a couple of days after I caught you two together. I snuck out in the middle of the night after writing him a note. I feel the same way about Riley now like I do about Mike. We can be friends and nothing more. I've been through everything with Jeff and it just feels right."

Lauren smiled, "I think he loves you. When he says your name, he has this look in his eyes that is pure love."

Holly smiled reaching put her arms to hug Lauren. Lauren stood up and hugged her back, "I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry too," Holly said, "Let's call it water under the bridge."

Lauren smiled and they fell into their normal work day routine like nothing had happened. The phone rang and Lauren answered it and found herself giggling. Holly rolled her eyes as she heard Lauren agree to go out for the night with Mike. It was good to see that those two had worked everything out.

Holly went to go check on her patients and when she came back, there were roses on the desk with her name on them. She found the card and she felt her breath hitch in her throat as she saw who they were from.

Holly,

I'm sorry! Be mine tonight, please?

--Jeff


Holly sighed as she shoved the card into the pocket of her shirt. Pulling out her cell phone, she texted Jeff and told him thank you for the flowers. Holly didn’t get a response right away and she knew that Jeff was probably still at practice and wouldn’t get back to her until later.

Lauren returned from the coffee shop downstairs and set a coffee down in front of Holly, “So, who are the flowers from?”

“Jeff,” Holly replied taking a sip of her drink.

“Aw,” Lauren gushed, “Mike sent me flowers this morning.”

“I’m glad you two worked everything out.”

Lauren sighed, “He followed me home that night and he wanted the truth. I told him everything and he told me that you two had slept together as revenge. We aren’t even together but Mike wants to start over like nothing happened. I never should have let it get as far as it did.”

Holly laughed as she looked at Lauren who looked at her like she was crazy, “What’s so funny?”

“I have just one question to ask you.”

“What?”

“How was he?”

“Who?”

“Jeff,” Holly replied.

“That was my first time but let me tell you, I think I have no expectations of men after him. How the hell do you keep up with him?”

“Mike is almost as good as Jeff,” Holly smirked, “I keep up with Jeff because I have the same sex drive he does. We just work when we’re together.”

Lauren couldn’t stop the blush from her cheeks and Holly laughed as her phone vibrated in her pocket.

I’m glad you didn’t give them to Patricia. I’ll pick you up tonight at your sister’s house be ready at 7. Make sure you wear something nice.

Holly put her phone back in her purse as her and Lauren fell into conversation as if nothing ever happened. Before Holly knew it, it was time to go home. Working 5am-5pm was stressful but she had tomorrow morning off and would be able to enjoy her night with Jeff without cutting it short because she had to work.

When Holly got back to her sister’s house, she searched through her makeshift closet trying to find something to wear. Holly called out to her Stephanie for help but when they couldn’t find anything in her closet, they went to Stephanie’s room. Stephanie found a dress that didn’t fit her anymore that still had the tags on it. It was a 1950s style red dress with a black belt. Holly fell in love with it as soon as she saw it.

“Who are you going out with tonight,” Stephanie asked.

“Jeff is taking me out.”

“Holly,” Stephanie sighed, “Are you sure that’s a good idea.”

“I talked to Lauren today; we both apologized to each other and Jeff sent me flowers. Please spare me the lecture.”

Stephanie sighed, “Okay, I’ll shut up.”

Holly was finishing curling her hair when the doorbell rang, “I’ll be there in a second,” she called out down the stairs. Stephanie and her husband had left to go out for the night.

Holly shrugged into her coat and opened the door. Jeff stood on the other side with a smile on his face and a rose in his hands. Holly wrapped her arms around him in a hug and Jeff kissed the top of her head.

“You look beautiful,” he whispered handing her the rose.

“Thank you, you don’t look so bad yourself,” Holly replied. Jeff was dressed in a black suit with a black shirt and a red tie.

“We match,” Holly smiled as Jeff walked her to the car.

“Your sister called me and told me what you were wearing. She also told me that if I fuck up again, she’ll hang my balls from the Rocky statue.”

Holly laughed lightly as Jeff drove back towards Philadelphia from Stephanie’s home in Haddonfield.

“Where are we going,” Holly asked.

“We’re going to Bliss. It just opened down on South Broad Street.”

“We always go to eat down there,” Holly joked causing Jeff to laugh.

They arrived in front of the restaurant and Jeff handed the keys to the valet before helping Holly out of the car. They were seated at a table towards the back of the restaurant. Throughout dinner, Jeff and Holly caught up to what was happening in each other’s lives for the last three weeks.

They ate their dinners in silence and Jeff paid the bill before grabbing Holly’s hand and leading her out of the restaurant. The temperature had dropped and Holly shivered. Jeff noticed and wrapped his arm around her waist pulling her in close to him.

Holly inhaled his cologne and for the first time in three weeks, she was happy. Jeff drove towards their house in Philadelphia. Holly sighed as she walked through the doors and immediately felt comfortable being back home.

“I’ll be right back,” Jeff said as he slipped into his bedroom. Holly sat down on the couch and took off her shoes.

Jeff came back to the living room with his shirt now untucked and his tie discarded. He sat down next to Holly and wrapped his arm around her shoulder pulling her close to him, “I’m sorry Holly, I’m so sorry. I never meant to hurt you.”

Holly silenced Jeff with a kiss; she had been dying to do it all night. Jeff cupped Holly’s face in his hands and kissed her as if his life depended on it. Jeff lay back on the couch pulling Holly with him. His hands unzipped her dress and he brought the straps down her shoulders. Holly unbuttoned Jeff’s shirt and he sat up slipping it off. Jeff groaned as he saw the black lace bra and boy shorts that Holly was wearing. He picked her up and she wrapped her legs around his waist as he made his way upstairs to his bedroom where he laid her down on the bed.

Holly gasped as Jeff slid the panties down her legs and traced her slit with his fingers, “You’re beautiful,” he whispered.

“Stop teasing,” Holly warned, “Please?”

Jeff slid his pants and boxers off while Holly took her bra off. Holly gasped as the tip of Jeff’s dick traced her slit and he entered her slowly. Her eyes rolled back into her head as Jeff made the first stroke.

“You feel so good, baby,” he whispered as Holly dug her nails into his back. Jeff reached between them and tweaked Holly’s clit with his fingers sending her over the edge before he spilled himself into her.

Jeff collapsed on top of Holly before placing a gentle kiss on her lips. Jeff rolled to Holly’s side and wrapped his arm around her waist and they stayed like that for a while just enjoying each other’s company. Holly heard Jeff’s breathing even out and she whispered what she had been dying to say but chickened out, “I love you,” she whispered before curling into his chest and falling asleep. Jeff heard her and he smiled to himself before drifting back off to sleep himself.

They had a long way to go before everything was back to normal between the two of them but little did they know nothing would ever be normal again in their lives. It would no longer be the two of them and they would have to learn to rebuild their lives around the change that was coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment